Tips on Buying Dancewear
Buying ballet pointe jazz shoes, leotards, etc is not cheap! You can easily walk in and out of a dance store and spend $200. The nice advantage of being an adult is your size does not change (much). After you figure out the brands you like and your size, you can buy it online and save time and money.
What I did is:
- Went to my local dance store and bought all the dance equipment I needed
- Took a picture of the receipt and the box for all my items for recording purposes – be meticulous!!
- Recorded all the pricing data in a table
- Went online and found a few dance stores and general stores such as Amazon
- Looked up all the prices for my items and recorded their data
- Compared the prices
The total for my purchases at my local dance store came out to be $205. If I bought it online from a dance store, then the total would have been $155.33 – that’s a 32% savings – $49.17 less! You can find even cheaper prices at Amazonsometimes. Crazy isn’t it?
|Item Detail||Item General||Brand||Size||Price @Local Dance Store||Price @Online Store||Amazon|
|2007M Pointe Shoe||Pointe Shoe||Grishko||M 3.5 XXXX||$81||$56.25|
|S0203L Ballet PNK Leather Prolite II||Ballet Shoes||Bloch||PNK 3 C||$31||$23.23|
|#1815 Adult S/M||Ultra Soft Footed Tight||Capezio||LSN S/M||$14||$10.25|
|#1816 Adult S/M||Ultra Soft Transition Tight||Capezio||BPK S/M||$14.50||$9.95|
Style: M202LM Camisole Leotard
|202LM Cami MIR Leotard||Mirella||S||$36||$33.95|
|Ouch Pouch Jr. Small toe pads||Bunheads||$22||$16.95||Bunheads N/A. Capezio Version
|3 yards ribbon||Capezio||$5||$3.75|